debt collection Germany and Europe
Law Firm Feinen in Germany - Your partner in international debt collection, commercial and civil law
We offer services in international debt collection, in Germany, Europe and worldwide.
We are consultants in commercial law, contract law and insolvency law. Our out of court service is on basis of no cure, no pay / no win, no fees basis. We collect all kind of accounts receivables.
However, we would also like to inform you about costs and fees if legal proceedings become necessary or if you are facing a legal dispute.
We offer services in international debt collection, in Germany, Europe and worldwide.
Debt Collection all over Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Europe out of court service with
25 years of experience in international debt and asset recovery and court proceedings and all kind of litigation.
Law Firm Feinen, Köln, Cologne, Germany, would like to take the opportunity to introduce our office and our legal services.
The facts: Your partner in Germany tries to delay payments by promises, false allegations about his bad financial situation, excuses and far-fetched legal objections like defective of goods a.s.o..
Your attempts to force him to payment by phone calls and emails failed.
We are at your service for all kind of claims like purchase price, all claims based on contract law or commercial law, private or business loans, damages and indemnification, enforcement of judgments of your country.
Consumer debts - Commercial debts - B2B, B2C and C2C
We assist you in debt collection of claims more than 600 Euro/ 600 USD.
Use our online form OCR - Online Client Registration - to send and upload your data and files
This service is secure and data-protected. Click and you will be directed to the form of our law firm software. You only need to fill in a few details.
The transmission takes place via protected high-security servers. The advantage for us is that the data can be immediately transferred to our office software and we can immediately start processing your case. It is General Data Protection Regulation GDPR compliant.
Your intention is
- to find a reliable, competent and experienced partner at the homeground of the debtor
- to have a partner competent to pursue a claim out of court, also in court proceedings up to legal enforcement of judgments
- to keep administrative costs and burden low
- to keep fees and expenses in debt collection and court proceedings low as possible
- no extensive paperwork
- no long term contractual obligations
- no charges, no flat rates compensation, no membership
Our offer: It is possible to free our Clients from any costs if we dispose of full documentation (like all invoices, POD, reminder, contract, all contact details, signed PoA, bank details etc.), we assess the legal position strong and we find the debtor not insolvent. The range of the debt is 500,00 EUR-15,000.00 EUR.
Therefore you do not have to pay anything and do not have to care about something.
Please contact us for details and check information below.
Our fees and conditions:
1. Out of court: no upfront fees
Out of court proceedings are free of charge for our clients ("no cure, no pay"). As our client you come up to pay nothing in out-of-court-activities (prelegal proceedings).
We offer not to charge any commission or contingency fee at all in out-of-court proceedings if
- the claim is not older than 3 years (1 years in transport industry)
- we dispose of a valid postal address and all contact details of the debtor
- we dispose of all documents like invoices, contract, delivery notes (POD’s), CMR in transport business, correspondence
- we dispose of a signed Letter of Authorisation (PoA), check information below
We offer to charge only court fees in court proceedings if
- all the above conditions are met
- the principal claim and amount owed are below 15,000 EUR and more than 500 EUR
- no objections of the debtor are known
- the debtor does not object by filing an objection to the court
- the debtor is still solvent on the basis of our prior examination
It is therefore possible to achieve an enforceable enforcement order, writ of execution resp. judgment with an investment of 50-300 EUR depending on the amount of the claim. Please note that in Germany a legal table with the court and lawyer's fees applies. Check the legal table here>>
Please understand that we must reserve the right to check all these details before confirming these conditions. These conditions do not apply in the event of insolvency proceedings. The fees for enforcement proceedings are difficult to predict, but are regularly in the range of 50-150 EUR.
Our service includes the check of:
- court's register of debtors (pending proceedings, debts),
- check if service of (court) documents is possible,
- pending insolvency proceedings,
- peculiarities in the Internet and Social Networks-low level,
- active business of the debtor (f.i. phone calls, fax), etc.
A comprehensive check of the financial situation – advanced package – includes the basic package plus credit reports of the most famous credit rating agencies in Germany, costs are 220,00 EUR for each debtor.
The price of a single credit report is 150,00 EUR each.
We need: all contact details of the debtor (full name, legal form, CEO/MD, postal address, phone No., mobile No., Fax, email), the invoices, first reminder, main correspondence (emails etc), contract if available. Please send by email.
2. Court proceedings:
If the debtor does not react or refuses to pay court proceedings are to recommend by lack of further legal options to force him to payment out of court.
Before starting any court proceedings we request for your consent and try to get information about the solvency of the debtor.
Court and Lawyer fees relate to a legal table binding by law. The amount depends on the amount in controversy (amount of claim).
We kindly ask for your understanding, that court fees basically can not be covered by our office, meaning that the client has to provide us with the court fees in advance.
Besides the legal table we offer to keep your fees small.
Background is that it is often possible to achieve a writ of execution/judgment and to collect the debt without investing regular fees (in legal dunning proceedings, court summons, "order to pay a debt").
The debtor is obliged by law to refund all court and lawyers fees, if he is defeated in the lawsuit. Hence, all fees and costs are basically recoverable from the debtor.
Our conditions for our special offers in court proceedings:
1. We always check if it is possible that you pay no fees at all especially in case the following requirements are fulfilled:
- the debt is not contested (no legal relevant objections out of court like defect of goods, bad quality, breach of contract, partial delivery, malperformance, late delivery, counterclaims etc),
- we dispose of a valid postal address and all contact details of the debtor (phone, fax, mobile, email, website, bank details) are available,
- we dispose of all documents like invoices, delivery notes, proof of delivery, correspondence
- we found Your legal position strong
- signed Letter of Authorisation (PoA)
- the debtor still is solvent due to our prior investigations.
2. We also offer paying only court fees if not all requirements mentioned above are fulfilled.
3. Furthermore it is possible to free you from any costs to start court proceedings if you accept a higher commission/success fee (10-25%) to cover our risks.
The range of Court Fees is from 71,00 EUR-184,00 EUR (at a claim of 7.000,00 EUR). Such small fees can be sufficient to obtain an enforceable judgement.
We reserve to claim for the total of the legal fees if the debtor still files an appeal against a court order or contests the debt in court proceedings (defect of goods, malperformance, late delivery, breach of contract, counterclaims etc.). We will inform you about the total of fees at an early stage or on request. Certainly you can decide not pursue the claim further on.
Please consider: If the debtor has acknowledged to pay the debt you can achieve a judgment very fast and by investing less or no fees at all! see>>
Nevertheless, do not hesitate to present your case to us! We will present an offer to you.
In all other cases (especially the debtor contests the debt by legal relevant objections like defect of goods, malperformance, late delivery, breach of contract, counterclaims etc.) we charge in accordance with the legal table for Court and Lawyer Fees mentioned in Table 1 (see below).
Please ask for your individual offer for free!
Your benefit: Our collections process is due to more than 25 years of experience with outstanding payments. Our workflow is being constantly improved to include legislative changes and also the latest technological innovations that can benefit our clients (e.g.: consultation and transmission of files by Internet, databases, email, etc.).Our Lawyers would like to assist you in all legal and court matters all over Germany and Europe (in English language), especially in the area of debt collection and commercial law as well as in all areas of civil and procedural law. In addition the field of international purchase law (international sale of goods) is absolutely important for our work. Our Law Firm and debt recovery agency is primarily dealing in the area of collecting outstanding debts (bad debts) in Germany -and all European countries as well- and the international conducting of lawsuits.
Our Lawyers are called to the bar at every court in Germany. For more than 25 years we have been working for numerous foreign companies in the field of claim management and took over the debt collection for French, Italian and English export credit insurance companies. Therefore our Lawyers are familiar with their handling and requirements in bad debt collection proceedings. We serve industrial, commercial and service-providing firms as well as private individuals. Our Office combines modern debt collection proceedings (debt collection agency) with subsequent court proceedings if necessary - all proceedings are in one single hand. Your case is always related to one office - from the first request for payment (dunning letter, reminder) until payment in enforcement (execution proceedings, levy of execution).
Your legal representative on the homeground of the debtor
out of court proceedings, court proceedings and enforcement in one single hand
modern and effective workflow in processing of your claims and communication guaranteed
4-stages proceedings to collect the debt
out of court "no cure, no pay" - in out of court proceedings no additional fees and expenses in contrast to debt collection agencies in Germany
in court proceedings we can offer favorable, competitive terms and reasonable fixed-rates for our services. Please note that the debtor has to take over all our fees and court fees in case of a judgment to your favour
additional background information in each stage of proceedings (e.g. bankruptcy proceedings)
we are called to the bar all over Germany
business information about your debtor or your future business partner (from 45,00 EUR for address check of the debtor, comprehensive credit report 180,00 EUR
Please note that success of collection is depending on all information about the debtor like full postal address, full name, legal form (corporate company or individual), email accounts, websites, TelNo. and Fax.No., bank details of the debtor and the documentation the client provides us with.
* In case of any direct communication and settlement between the client and the debtor we charge a commission fee of 10% of the amount paid in any case, not less than 120,00 EUR.
The same applies if the debtor pays only the main claim directly to the client and the client does not wish us to pursue any further legal fees and costs the debtor has to bear by Law. In those cases we are entitled to pursue the claim in relation to legal fees against the debtor if applicable on our risk.
We are entitled to deduct the agreed fees and possible legal fees the debtor has to bear by Law from any remittance to our clients. These conditions are usual and reasonable. Please contact us in case of any queries.
Legal Fee structure in court proceedings:
We would like to point out that in Germany the unsuccessful party in court proceedings has to pay all fees and costs of the court and lawyer fees by Law.
Therefore the debtor has to take over and to refund all fees (including court fees) in case of a judgment to the favour of the client.
To estimate fees in court proceedings the amounts of the red marked lines/rows of the legal table below are to add (see last column "in total").
In court proceedings Lawyer fees are amounting as follows: for initiating/institution and performing/conducting court proceedings a German Lawyer is entitled to charge:
- a 1,3 fee (initiating proceedings - all communications, discussions with the client, research of facts and information, preparation of Statement of Claim, pleadings, applications) and
- a 1,2 fee (conducting of court proceedings, all court hearings, communication with the client and the counterparty)
related to the legal table like performed in the schedule mentioned below.
Here you find the legal table for Court and Lawyer's Fees (extract).
For court proceedings please add up the amounts of the red marked line/row.*
If the debtor contests resp. objects the claim in court proceedings we charge in total (all your advance will be deducted!) in accordance with the:
online consulting - video call - chat
- Free initial assessment - debt collection contract law purchase law
- intensive consultation according to time intervals - payment by PayPal
- video conference
- Video call
- Chat - general questions about the procedure, legal questions, initial assessment, general advice
- The chat button you will find on the start page on the left
We like to use and recommend vOffice. vOffice is the virtual office communication of RA-MICRO, market leader in lawyer software. It offers a secure videoconferencing solution for internal and external corporate communication and organization. This includes encrypted video conferencing, short messaging and file transfer, peer-to-peer, privacy compliant, and:
Easy to use from anywhere without installation, on all devices. Only a browser like Chrome or Firefox is needed.
The click on the start page leads you directly to our virtual waiting room - you will find the button at the bottom right corner on the start page.
work in progress
- PoA / LoA Power of Attorney / Letter of Authorisation
work in progess
fees and conditions
work in progress
course of proceedings
work in progress
work in progress